Professor EECS and IEOR Professor
B.S Ecole Polytechnique (Palaiseau, France)
Ph.D. in Aeronautics and Astronautics at Stanford University
Control, Intelligent Systems, and Robotics (CIR)
Robust and convex optimization; Decision-making under uncertainty; Statistical estimation; Air traffic management; Bioinformatics; Finance
- Vu Pham and Laurent El Ghaoui. Robust sketching for multiple square-root LASSO problems. Proc. International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS), May 2015.
- Mert Pilanci, Martin J. Wainwright, Laurent El Ghaoui. Sparse learning via Boolean relaxations. Math. Program., Ser. B (2015) 151:63–87.
- New book: G.C. Calafiore and L. El Ghaoui. Optimization Models. Cambridge University Press. Oct. 2014.
- New livebook: L. El Ghaoui. Optimization models and applications. A companion to the book above, allows users to post questions.
- S. Yadlowsky, P. Nakkarin, J. Wang, R. Sharma, L. El Ghaoui. Iterative Hard Thresholding for Keyword Extraction from Large Text Corpora. In Proc. ICMLA, 2014.
- A. d'Aspremont, F. Bach, L. El Ghaoui, Approximation Bounds for Sparse Principal Component Analysis. Mathematical Programming Series B, 148 (1–2), pp. 89-110, December 2014.
- SIAM Activity Group Optimization Prize, 2008
- “A Good Investment for Excess Reserves,” with R. Portes. Financial Times 22 September 2000.
- Okawa Research Grant, 2001
- NSF Faculty Early Career Development Award (CAREER), 2000
- CNRS Bronze Medal, 1998